TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - USDM Clock fix (revisited)
People Seeking Info

Subject USDM Clock fix (revisited)

Posted by lymon on November 11, 2019 at 11:11 AM
  This message has been viewed 644 times.

Message As with my previous post about the simple fix for most failed JDM/EURO type clocks (LINK), I found that USDM clocks have a similar issue and same type fix.

Although there are design/hardware differences between the EURO/JDM (single circuitboard) and USDM (dual circuitboard) clocks,
the USDM clocks have similar continuity issues in several passthrough points on the circuitboard that holds the display

In the picture below I have circled the passthrough points that (may) have issues..each colour should be interconnected (yellow to yellow, blue to blue, red to red)

To be able to check/fix this, you will need to seperate the 2 circuitboards first (desolder the 6 connections on the circuitboard that holds the display)

see the FAQ for more info: How do I fix my center console clock?

If you already replaced the 181 resistors and your clock is still dim or not working, you can try to repair the clock by doing a continuity test
with a multimeter to check which of the points have issues and only fix the ones that have failed, but it's probably best to just connect all...as in the picture below

Full write-up for all type clocks (EDM/USDM/JDM) : http://300zx-twinturbo.com/tech/clock/clock_fix.html

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.