TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Dang.. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to get a new cran
People Seeking Info

Subject Dang.. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to get a new cran

Posted by dTb on November 10, 2019 at 4:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 199 times.

In Reply To Grinding removes the Hard Facing. posted by Cjw3 on November 10, 2019 at 02:02 PM

Message But I can def see that being the best option. This build was really to continue my learning and learn how to tune. I am definitely learning more than I though I would originally. I am building her to drive her as much as possible and have the highest reliable torque I can get within my budget. It's "track ready" and the goal was once I get it dynod and get the closed loop boost control tuned, I could take it to the track once in awhile.

I like the idea of re ringing it and replacing the minimally needed parts and just get back to driving as soon as possible. Do you see an advantage to longevity by buying a long or short block from a reputable vendor like IPP or just sourcing all the components myself and assembling? After this whole thing I'm more inclined to build it myself so I can measure everything and I know what went into it and that all the bolts were torqued properly etc..

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.