TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A couple of additional thoughts. I have found that some
People Seeking Info

Subject A couple of additional thoughts. I have found that some

Posted by SirpriZ on November 10, 2019 at 1:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 230 times.

In Reply To If I need the crank re ground, do I just get thicker bearins posted by dTb on November 10, 2019 at 12:48 PM

Message engine builders use a chrome ring package. If these were used on your build, they need to be driven hard and broken in immediately, not gently over time like a conventional type ring. If they weren't broken in immediately, they most probably wouldn't seat, causing excess oil consumption. Unfortunately, I found this out first hand on a previous build of my own. Also, most coatings are junk and wear off in short order. If you decide to coat your pistons on the rebuild, do some research to find quality coatings that will actually stay put. Mike Kojima did a tutorial a while back on a type of coating that actually bonds with the surface being treated, rather than simply coating it. I don't remember what it's called. But you could call Technosquare, ask for Howard (he builds engines for Kojima and Mike Smith) and ask him. He does fabulous work, is very fair, and is a helpful guy. His number is 310 715-1517 and he is located in Gardena, Ca. If you need assistance with your build, or some additional info, I'm sure he would help you out. Sorry for the lengthy tutorial.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.