TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Have they heard of this issue with these hoses before?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Have they heard of this issue with these hoses before?

Posted by RomChip200 on November 05, 2019 at 2:44 AM
  This message has been viewed 185 times.

In Reply To Have they heard of this issue with these hoses before? (n/m) posted by itsa300zx on November 04, 2019 at 09:50 AM

Message Apparently not, in 10 years.

I measured again the oil pressure, it may reach 100psi when cold (5W40 full synthetic @15°C).
I assume the oil pump pulsing the oil through the oil cooler (when cold or @WOT) made the hose enlarging, then constricting in a cyclic fashion and that made the internal fluoro liner failing. Either the polyester fibers are elastic, or they failed. Whatever, these 4-ply silicone hoses should not fail and should be able to sustain 100psi if burst pressure is 200. Maybe the combination of pressure + hot oil is the culprit.
I decided to strengthen the pressure regulator valve (to the oil cooler of course) of the oil tree by adding 5 small washers b/w the piston and the spring. The result is the pressure builds up slower to the oil cooler now.

The regulator valve looks like the one below except the piston has 2 small oil to lubricate the rear of the piston. and/or maybe to balance the pressure b/w the front and the rear of the piston.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.