TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - ^2nd. I have the same thing right now. When I first got
People Seeking Info

Subject ^2nd. I have the same thing right now. When I first got

Posted by Woodnutz on September 09, 2019 at 8:25 AM
  This message has been viewed 226 times.

In Reply To Have you ever felt the car running on 5 cylinders before? posted by Polish on September 09, 2019 at 02:23 AM

Message the car, it was a chronic issue - definitely shakes the car. Also makes it sound like a V-twin. After changing plugs, it went away, but would occasionally hiccup every now and then (I think jostling the coil wires around make it find a better, but still unreliable connection). In my recent work in doing the valve covers, I had the EFI harness bungee'd up to the hood, and now that it's back together, problem is back 100%. I've yet to verify, but I suspect it's a crappy splice job of a replacement coil pack connector. I had suspected the PTU, but considering I didn't touch that at all and the issue came back, I've all but eliminated that possibility. Frustrating - just installed downpipes and test pipes and I'm down a cylinder...ugh.

May not be your issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Good luck getting to the bottom of it!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.