TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Headlights stuck on high, no other lights work.
People Seeking Info

Subject Headlights stuck on high, no other lights work.

Posted by Woody75 (Denver) on August 23, 2019 at 10:56 AM
  This message has been viewed 267 times.

Message I have seen and read the multiple other posts about this but nothing seems to be the exact same issue. Had a guy come through last night who is driving across the country in his Z. He had no lights at all, he said he lost them all while driving. After some digging I found the red fuse by the battery had an issue. One of the pins in the socket was not sitting as high as it should. Appears it was probably barely making contact with the fuse and while driving it worked itself out. I pulled it up with some pliers and put the fuse back in and the lights work again.....kinda.

He said he's had this next issue for awhile now. His headlights are stuck on the high beams. All his other lights on the car do not work. No dash lights, no running lights, no tail/brake lights.

If you hit the brakes, the headlights switch to low beams and all the other lights come on. You get the dash lights, running and tail/brake lights back. But the brake lights are stuck on as you are hitting the brakes. Let off the brakes and everything switches back again. High beams on, other lights go off.

So for now in order to have lights he took the stopper out of the pedal so that the car thinks the brake pedal is being pushed all the time. Better than no lights at all when driving at night but still not right.

Went over everything and swapped out all fuses and relays in all 3 boxes. tried a different lighting pod as well. I couldnt find the root of the issue and it was dark and late and they had to get back on the road. But now I'm curious of what could be causing it. We are thinking a short somewhere. Thoughts or ideas I can pass along?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.