TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Doing valve covers, couple of questions>>>
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Doing valve covers, couple of questions>>>

Posted by CarolinaZ_TT on July 15, 2019 at 1:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 254 times.

In Reply To Doing valve covers, couple of questions>>> posted by Woodnutz on July 15, 2019 at 01:07 PM

Message Photo from question #1 won't load on my work computer but I'll answer #2.

If you're planning to keep the PCV system in place, you can re-seat that elbow in place using RTV as you suggested. I did this the first time I addressed my valve cover gaskets with no oil leaks/issues.

If you are planning to delete the PCV system, you can drill and tap that hole where the elbow(s) was/are. There are write ups showing this process. Or, you can use freeze plugs with some RTV if you prefer not to drill...Specialty Z sells a "kit" found here La-Z-Link . I currently have the freeze plugs in place and have deleted my PCV system all together running vent to atmosphere on the intake covers. Everyone here has their own 2 cents on the topic.

Personally, I think the drilled and tapped method produces a "cleaner" look but a freeze plug will serve the same purpose.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.