TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Just a simple brake pad question: StopTech or EBC?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Just a simple brake pad question: StopTech or EBC?

Posted by Adam393 on July 11, 2019 at 7:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 261 times.

In Reply To Just a simple brake pad question: StopTech or EBC? posted by Zashi on July 11, 2019 at 03:33 AM

Message I've got the Stoptech pads that are meant for street driving, not sure whether they're the 308 or 309. They replaced the previous owner's Hawk pads, which were awful. I had the same Stoptech pads on my old LGT SpecB, and was very happy with them, and I continue to be on the ZX.
The initial cold bite is excellent, really no discernible noise or squealing (unlike the Hawk pads), produces a low amount of dust, and were reasonably priced. I don't track the car, so I don't know how they'd perform there, but I've taken it to the Dragon twice, and have not noticed any brake fade (I also have the Akebono F&R upgrade, so that could also play a part in that).

I think you will be very happy with the Stoptechs on a DD, as long as you make sure to buy the street-oriented compound. I hadn't heard of them swapping around the names and compounds...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.