TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Just a simple brake pad question: StopTech or EBC?
People Seeking Info

Subject Just a simple brake pad question: StopTech or EBC?

Posted by Zashi on July 11, 2019 at 3:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 272 times.

Message So after researching all the recommended pad options I could, I've narrowed my choices down to the following:

StopTech Street (308)
StopTech Sport (309)
EBC Redstuff

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them, or any anecdotal suggestions? I'm torn, because I want to go EBC due to their reputation and every review I read praises their amazing stopping power, but they also lament their noisiness, which I'm trying to avoid because I don't track, I daily and spiritedly drive, but I hear conflicting reports about how long it takes for the noise to go away.

As for the StopTechs, unbelievably enough, it seems StopTech changed the names of their pads at one point so now figuring out if someone was talking about street and means sport now, and vice versa, is very confusing, so I guess I can only go off part numbers; 308 and 309. My 4th runner-up were Project Mu NS400s, but they seem to be more a Japan-centric market and there isn't nearly as much information about them and their use compared to the above so I'd rather not guinea pig it.

I personally value stopping power, but I also value low-noise levels, because I'm not sure how long I could tolerate incessant squealing on a daily basis.

What are your findings with pads on a daily?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.