TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Luckily, it wasn't a catastrophic blowout and I was only a
People Seeking Info

Subject Luckily, it wasn't a catastrophic blowout and I was only a

Posted by Woodnutz on July 10, 2019 at 2:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 191 times.

In Reply To Very nice on your purchases posted by FrozTTy on July 10, 2019 at 08:20 AM

Message couple of miles from home when it decided to present itself... and really only became overly apparent once the engine was shut off and got the pressure surge. Temp stayed within normal operating range.

I'm looking forward to getting everything completed - she'll be one happy Z when I do. Here's the complete list for this round: clutch, downpipes, test pipes, BDE goose honk killer, diff and trans fluids, aforementioned DS turbo coolant hose, TB bypass, valve cover seals and possibly the EGR delete... and maybe new fuel lines with the spring clamps. This is the planned work and obviously excludes surprises.

Unfortunately, the going is fairly slow, as there's home projects, kid stuff and life in general that takes priority. All that matters to me is that I take the time to do it right. if it means a couple more weeks, then so be it. It's all worth it when she's back on the road.

I definitely hear you about doing a ton of work just to find you didn't properly or completely resolve the issue. More than frustrating. Best of luck to you getting everything straightened out.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.