TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Couple of things
People Seeking Info

Subject Couple of things

Posted by CarolinaZ_TT on July 09, 2019 at 2:04 PM
  This message has been viewed 201 times.

In Reply To Follow-up to Driver's Side Turbo Coolant Hose posted by FrozTTy on July 08, 2019 at 11:10 AM

Message Are you drawing the conclusion that the hose is gunked up on a visual inspection or do you have it disconnected to verify?

Are you using an OE radiator cap or aftermarket? The Z1 radiator cap exposed this hose as the weak point in my cooling system (150 miles away from home). Shortly after replacing, the passenger side turbo coolant line ruptured; both were original. I am back to an OE cap and have replaced every coolant line on this motor.

It would be worthwhile to pressurize the coolant system and confirm visually that you don't have a leak from that hose. I'm not 100% positive, but I believe that hose should have spring clamps vs worm clamp (at least mine did) if original. That could indicate that the hose has been changed once before. If it hasn't, it is certainly worth the peace of mind to change it yourself.

Try finding a diagram of the cooling system if you are convinced that hardline leading this particular hose is clogged. It would require removing the plenum and some other coolant hoses, but you could blast some compressed air through it from the opposite end. If you still have your EGR and PCV lines in place, it's going to be extremely tight. There is another small hose (P/N 14056-40P17) as part of that hardline tree essentially under the heat core hoses that is worth the time to replace if it's still original and you're going through all the trouble to do this.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.