TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 91 300zx Manual .2nd gear kicks back and grinds.
People Seeking Info

Subject 91 300zx Manual .2nd gear kicks back and grinds.

Posted by amezcuaz32 on July 01, 2019 at 10:00 AM
  This message has been viewed 220 times.

Message I just purchase the car and I noticed that 2nd gear some times goes real smooth and some times grinds or kicks back. so I replace the master cylinder fluid it was really bad and had my wife help me purge the system . well after driving it was worst on the other gears so I ask m friend to re do it, you know pump and hold it then I bleed the slave cylinder a couple times , then I moved to the bleeder up by the fender and pump and bleed it a few more times always watching the level and re-filling it after I a few more times put everything back and drove it. so I still have the 2nd gear issue some times and also if I try to shift fast it kind of grind on the other gears if I do it slower( taking time for the clutch to move it all goes smoother no grinding on the other gears. so do I need to adjust the travel? I look at the flywheel from under cuz I replace the starter and it looks like it has a aftermarket clutch its panted yellow.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.