TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - That's the noise of a small boost leak. Start by checking
People Seeking Info

Subject That's the noise of a small boost leak. Start by checking

Posted by SirpriZ on June 16, 2019 at 1:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 229 times.

In Reply To Very loud whistle under WOT posted by Goldchocobo on June 15, 2019 at 07:59 PM

Message all hoses that see manifold pressure. You most probably have a small vacuum leak (from the same hose) when in vacuum situations (ie. Not in boost), but it might be so light as to not affect idle. Do you notice any change in idle, is it a little rougher or does it hunt? Like I said, it might be so light as to not affect idle. But the more air you blow thru it (boost), the louder the whistle. There are alot of possible suspects from tiny hoses that get a boost reference, to the larger ones that might have a loose clamp. Check the hose that runs off the back of the balance tube to see if it might be split or loose. Check the small reference hoses that run to the damper and FPR, hoses to the recirc valves, hoses and connections to boost controller, and all the connections to the large intake piping from turbo to intercooler to throttle bodies. There are some Z Whisperers on here that can suggest some more possibilities. If you have a boost leak checker, I'd put it to good use and see if you can diagnose it using that. There may be another culprit other than a boost leak, but I think that is suspect #1.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.