TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - wiring trouble!
People Seeking Info

Subject wiring trouble!

Posted by Aztecz32j on June 12, 2019 at 10:35 AM
  This message has been viewed 339 times.

Message INTRO
Me and My dad just put together our 1992 2+2 300zx LHD we believe we plugged everything up. the alternator/starter harness (two grounds going to battery), the three plugs by the passenger headlight (one ground), MAF, CAS, TPS, the coolant plugs, and cleaned the plugs going to the fuse box(3) (another ground right by that). The injectors/coil packs harness (I believe there is one ground on passenger side of plenum and two grounds on driver side of plenum). everything plugged up yet we still have the problem we had before we took the motor out. (3 months ago).

WHEN WE CONNECT THE BATTERY
the car does not chime when the door is open.
when we turn the key to ACC, the radio doesnt turn on and none of the lights work.
With the key on, all the dash lights come on the climate control pod and ac blower works, but nothing else no start no crank but we do hear the fuel pump engaging.

WHAT I KNOW
My dad messed around with the ecu wires and it ran perfectly for years. after an accident where the car was hit on the passenger side nose/top of the fender.
I opened the ECU and found that all three white ecu power wire were spliced together and had a low voltage!
I did not check the ecu grounds (although maybe a problem)
All other ECU wires should be fine.( i hope i saw two CAS wires spliced together)
Went to the fuse box under the hood and found a low voltage white wire going to the ECCS relay (EGI i believe)! also I tested and believe there is no ground in the IGN Coil Relay.

Any advise helps i would like to know how to go about this the right way. Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.