TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Irregular overheating issue + coolant leak
People Seeking Info

Subject Irregular overheating issue + coolant leak

Posted by Zashi on June 06, 2019 at 6:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 227 times.

Message So I've been having an overheating issue recently that I can't determine the cause of and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. As of now, when I'm driving I never overheat, but after extended periods of driving (30 mins-1 hr+), I'll start overheating but only after the car is at rest for 30 seconds to a minute. I thought I had already resolved my overheating issues before as it used to overheat occasionally in a somewhat similar fashion, but hasn't overheated in months until now.

I've tightened all my radiator hoses, burped the radiator to clear air out of the system, replaced the radiator cap, keep coolant levels within the optimal range, and it still continues to happen. I get a boiling sound from underneath the cap, and the leak seems to be coming from either the front lower driver side hose, or the overflow tank in front of the driver side tire.

Is there a way to figure out the cause? Do I just need to replace the whole radiator? Is it still a hose issue? The hoses are still in good condition from what I can tell, but it seems to happen only after extended high pressure (not abusive pressure, but not idle pressure either), and only after it's stopped moving for a minute or so, when the fan will then click on.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.