TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Interior screws. Where do they all go? Pics inside
People Seeking Info

Subject Interior screws. Where do they all go? Pics inside

Posted by nissubaru on May 29, 2019 at 2:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 349 times.

Message My car came with a fair amount of the interior panels missing when I bought the car. I'm not sure why, I kinda didn't care at the time. I knew the car was going to be a project of sorts, as long as the engine was healthy I would deal with everything else.

It took a while for me to source some clean panels to install, I originally bought some tweed ones and tried to re-wrap them but it didn't go very well. Is what honestly a waste of time and money. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago I paid a fair price for the panels off eBay. Now it's time for me to get them installed but I haven't the slightest clue which screws go where. Or if it even matters.

I like to be as accurate as possible so if anybody knows which screws go with which panels, please let me know! I don't think I'm missing any but I wouldn't doubt it. I may have extras as well. I sourced a bunch a while back from a member here and then I picked through a Z in a junkyard and found a few more screws laying around on the floor inside.

I numbered the screws as you can see in the photo for easier identification. The interior panels I have to reinstall are:

-Driver side kick panel under steering wheel
-Glove box
-Small side dash piece to the right of the glove box on the passenger side
-Two knee panels, the odd triangular shaped ones that connect the center console to the dash. One on each side
-Center console + the rectangular pieces on each side. Fortunately the rectangular pieces are still attached to the center console. Pretty sure the center console bolts down using screw #7.
- T shaped panel behind the seats but in the center, connected to the center console.
- Both of the panels behind the seats that connect to the T shaped piece. When I was picking the junkyard Z I noticed screw #2 was still installed back there, I believe on the bottom. Dunno how many came on the car, I think I only have 2.

-Door cards are fine, they're still tweed but I have all the screws and whatnot.

Thanks guys! Hopefully this is fun for some of ya lol

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.