TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You've ruled out alot of potential issues: It isn't the
People Seeking Info

Subject You've ruled out alot of potential issues: It isn't the

Posted by SirpriZ on May 14, 2019 at 6:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 276 times.

In Reply To I have had this problem, getting progressively worse since posted by BannonZ on May 14, 2019 at 07:52 AM

Message injectors (since you've had the issue with two sets), it isn't the ECU since the issue has gotten worse, and so on with most of the potential parts.....since the issue has continued to get worse over time. I know you mentioned it, but let me double check: Once you get the car started and warmed up, does it run OK, especially if you give it some boost? I was thinking (maybe) it could be a torn diaphragm in the damper or FPR. That would cause a super rich condition at idle and non-boost conditions, but it also would cause a lean condition under boost. I also think it would cause a low fuel pressure at start up. Something else that caught my eye, which was that you have 50 psi at start up, that sounds real high, as I believe around 37 psi is what to expect with the reference hose connected (and 43.5 psi with the hose disconnected). I don't know if that has any affect on, or is an indication of your issue. If you, and/or someone with more diagnostic skills than I think trying a different FPR would be worthwhile to try, I have a good used one you are welcome to try (instead of that expensive method of buying different parts that don't solve the problem....I think we've all been there to some degree). Let me know about how it runs warmed up and if you want to give the FPR a try (gratis).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.