TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - cranks but not firing
People Seeking Info

Subject cranks but not firing

Posted by lustthenlove on April 14, 2019 at 5:42 AM
  This message has been viewed 272 times.

Message hi I have recently bought a 1990 300zxtt
I bought the car as a non runner and the last time it was running was 2016.
when I viewed the car it started up but could nearly be running on 3 cylinders and one moment of the throttle would make it cut out.

Anyway I got it home and began working on stripping down the front end. I have replaced the timing belt and pulleys, tensioners,
along with a new water pump.

the car has a new ptu, and I have conducted a circuit check on the loom between the ptu and coil plugs, all checked out fine.
I removed the spark plugs and they are very wet and black.
I cleaned them up and grounded the plug and checked all plugs for spark and all coil packs. both plugs and packs seem to be delivering power. a resistance test on each coil returned at 0.6.

so I put it all back together and cranked it over and she started on the button, all be it she didn't sound great but it was the best it had run since I've had it. after 20 wish seconds it returned to its normal lumpy barely alive state.

further to that I have a strong smell of fuel in the engine bay although its not leaking, and my dip stick smells of fuel also.

am I right in thinking that I am have a fuel pressure/vacuum issue.

pulled the codes from the ecu and I'm getting code 55 which appears to mean all circuits are working.

any advice and things I would need to check would be great. it does have old fuel in the tank which I intend to drain completely

thank you for reading

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.