TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Windshield Washer Pump Location?
People Seeking Info

Subject Windshield Washer Pump Location?

Posted by nissubaru on March 21, 2019 at 1:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 503 times.

Message My car came with a rear wiper delete but it also came with a funky little setup for the washer fluid. The nozzle in the top of the hatch works and will pump fluid out but it's not connected to anything so it just drains down the side of my hatch. In the front I don't have any fluids coming out, although everything seems to be hooked up just fine. I just kind of ignored it for a while because I usually have no need for wipers and even less of a need for wiper fluid based on the weather I drive in with my z. But I gotta fix it eventually so here I am.

I found the part number for a front washer pump, 28920-31P00, and I also found a diagram that shows it on the passenger side...but where exactly? Or am I getting a bit confused with the Canadian spec Z's that had headlight washers?

I'd happily replace the pump but I have another possible solution, not sure what you guys think about it but...since my rear wiper pump seems to work and shoots out fluid I was thinking about running a hose from the rear all the way up to the front nozzle connection and just fixing it that way. Or if I fix it the non-ghetto way, how can I stop the fluid in the rear hatch from coming out? Can I just plug it with something or will it eventually make a mess?

Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.