TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Auto Trans not working
People Seeking Info

Subject Auto Trans not working

Posted by RHDZ32 on February 16, 2019 at 1:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 276 times.

Message So once upon a time ago I was driving my car, and I put the car into "power" mode from the switch on the console by the shifter. well I went around a corner sliding and when I did it the car snapped back it was revving up like it was in neutral and didn't go anywhere.

So I turned the car off/on and it went back into gear but would only last 10 seconds before it just "drops" in neutral so to speak. I pulled the pan and there was no shavings, just burnt fluid so I assumed the trans went clearly. I took the Z down to Z1 Motorsports. They just recently had the Trans rebuilt with a new torque converter as well and new clutches obviously, however it still has the same issue. A weird note to add is after the car sits for a while it'll drive normal but only for a few miles, and then its back into not driving. They also replaced the driveshaft, tried several TCM units and swapped the ecu out for a stock one and nothing is fixing it. They also disable the power switch to no avail.

I'm thinking this is some type of electrical issue since when you restart the car it somehow works for just a bit, and then literally 10 seconds later it essentially goes out of gear and wont move no gears work.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.