TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It makes sense that if the shock couldn't evacuate its
People Seeking Info

Subject It makes sense that if the shock couldn't evacuate its

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on January 31, 2019 at 7:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 246 times.

In Reply To I'm not sure the harshness comes from the spring rate posted by LitlElvis on January 31, 2019 at 06:35 PM

Message its fluid or gas quickly enough to keep pace with a compressing spring; the result might be felt as an impact.

If the fluid compresses too quickly and creates an excessive compaction because the valving is too small for the existing rate of spring travel; the result is not unlike a temporary hydrolocking of the piston in the tube. Its easy to see how shock valving and spring rates need to be orchestrated so that they compliment each other. Both on compression and rebound.

On a more practical note; given my parameters, do you have any suggestions, either in specific brands and models, of coilovers or spring shock combos that meet my requirements? The one advantage in keeping things streetable is having a car weighing much less than a standard road going TT. 3175 lbs is pretty light for a Z32.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.