TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1993 TT not running at all now - Help
People Seeking Info

Subject 1993 TT not running at all now - Help

Posted by LA z on December 10, 2018 at 3:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 301 times.

Message I have a 93 TT 5spd. A few weeks ago it developed a misfire on cylinder No. 5. It was intermittent at first, meaning the cylinder fired and then stopped, fired, stopped, etc. Then it stopped firing completely. At that moment, I removed the battery and recharged it at a store. After this, the car stopped running and will not start at all. The engine turns over fine.

Before recharging the battery, I had tested the coils, they were fine. I replaced No. 4 coil with No. 5 Coil. Coils fired on No. 4, but no coil fired on No. 5.

And when I R&Red the Battery, the car turned over, but did not fire. I checked the plug test per the FSM, and no spark at any sparkplug. I did not check the CAS yet, but I did remove the PTU and did a continuity check per the FSM. I am getting the following readings.

All reading where taken at the 20K Ohms mark.

Test no. 1a. G to terminals a,b,c,d,e,f. + on G = .59 Ohms at all terminals. I think this is a fail? Right? Should be No Continuity.

Test no. 1b. G to terminals a,b,c,d,e,f. - on G = 0.59 Ohms at all terminals. Should be continuity, but I have resistance.

Test No. 2a. G to terminals 1,2,3,4,5,6. + on G = 9.38 Ohms at all terminals. Fail? I should have continuity.

Test No. 2b. G to terminals 1,2,3,4,5,6. - on G = I have 1 - no continuity, fail?

Test No. 3a. A to 1, B to 2, C to 3, D to 4, E to 5, F to 6. + on the Letters. = I get 9.76, 9.72, 9.73, 9.71, 9.69, 9.70 = Resistance on where I should have continuity.

Test No. 3b. The polarity reverse on Test 3a, where - Letters.
= 9.65, 9.59, 9.60, 9.58, 9.56, 9.55 = Resistance where i should have no continuity.

Are my testing OK? I need some help interpolating these numbers and results.

Meaning, is the PTU bad?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.