TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Overheating
People Seeking Info

Subject Overheating

Posted by infoschumi on November 10, 2018 at 6:50 PM
  This message has been viewed 334 times.

Message I have a problem with my TT .Car was overheating so I changed radiator cap,thermostat and water pump all new OEM.I leak-tested the cooling system.I flushed the radiator even if it looked absolutely new but still nothing.Fan clutch looks like out of the box,you can clearly hear it engaging at the temperature indicated in the FSM,and you can only spin it for like 1/4 turn,so that one is ok too.Shrouds are all in place.Leak test & compression test done.I bought a spill free funnel and burped the cooling system 3 times.Absolutely everything is stock.It still overheats.What I mean by overheating is that in a hot day coolant temperature reaches 230F/110Celsius and on a winter day it reaches 194F/90Celsius.It's an Euro version with the extra steering fluid cooler and it's also an automatic so it has the AT cooler glued to the coolant radiator,so I guess it should get a higher coolant temp,but not that high tho....Interesting is that the cluster temp gauge stays in the middle even at 230F/110C.At first I thought that maybe the coolant sensors are bad,but I ohm-measured both of them and they both have the resistance values like the FSM states at certain temperatures so it would be a great coincidence that both would indicate a higher value,usually they either short-circuit or broke indicating infinite resistance.Not sure what to check next...everything seems to be perfect except the temperature which seems a little high to me.Also coolant is Nissan OEM already diluted .

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.