TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Speedbleeder is another way to go. Install the valve and
People Seeking Info

Subject Speedbleeder is another way to go. Install the valve and

Posted by jzack on October 22, 2018 at 6:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 377 times.

In Reply To Pressure Bleeder for Clutch? posted by nissubaru on October 22, 2018 at 01:38 PM

Message pump away watching that the reservoir doesn’t get too low. I’ve used the SB on my Z with no issues.

Coincidentally my son picked up a 2002 Forester to use as a daily driver and we used the SB on its slave cylinder after replacement last week. It was the same size as the Zs (lol).

BTW - for wheel applications (especially for expensive ones) there’s always a worry the SB may leak over time. It happened to the SB I installed in the Zs engine bay upper bleed point after a few months.

What I like to do for wheel applications is use an SB to fully bleed the line. Then remove the SB (with cap tight on the MC reservoir to minimize leaks) then replace it with a regular bleeder valve. Just takes one more push of the brake pedal doing a normal open valve/press brake/close valve/release brake pedal procedure to finalize.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.