TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Do I even need to upgrade injectors and ECU?
People Seeking Info

Subject Do I even need to upgrade injectors and ECU?

Posted by Mightget300zx on September 23, 2018 at 6:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 358 times.

Message I recently bought a 91 TT with 79k miles that the previous owner had pulled the engine and had turbo's rebuilt along with changing out a number of other wear items including timing belt change, new injectors, new iridium plugs, one piece driveshaft, etc... He was a military guy that really took care of his stuff and it shows. Mods include cat and egr delete, bigger intercoolers, and single pop charger.

I bought a new Greddy Profec EBC, 740cc injectors with adapter kit, new gaskets and such (probably doesn't need yet), and a set PFR6B-11B plugs. Also pre-paid for a specialty Z ECU tune but I haven't sent my ECU in yet because I wanted to install the Greddy first to see where I was at.

I installed the Greddy and with mild tweaking I'm easily getting ~14 PSI (have it set to Alarm and drop at 14.5) using 93 octane. If I'm correct this is at the limit of my stock turbos, which I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. I'm totally happy with 13-14 PSI and it really friggin' puts me back in my seat. Love the car.

Do I even need to put the injectors in and get the ECU mapped? Is it a problem running it the way I am with the EBC?

Thanks ahead of time.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.