TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Slow spool
People Seeking Info

Subject Slow spool

Posted by Amansh1 on July 27, 2018 at 6:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 264 times.

Message So I finished rebuilding my motor after a thrown timing belt, bent valve situation. Now the car pulls pretty hard but I feel like the boost is coming in later than it used too. I swapped out a cracked exhaust manifold with a relatively cheap set of "high flow" manifolds. (Probably the problem) first off the welds didn't let me get washers on all of the studs and I'm almost positive they weren't trued to fit a perfectly flat surface. Long story short I hear an exhaust leak from the manifold before the turbo. 1. Would this cause one turbo to work harder than the other to make up for the lack of pressure on one side? 2. In turn would it cause boost spike once target psi is achieved or would pressure fall off once the wg opens? 3. Pretty sure this one answers itself but if answer to 1 is yes would this cause one side of the motor to run warmer than the other because of higher turbo rpm to level pressure?

Thanks guys

I'm pulling the motor again soon to upgrade to 3" exhaust and 2.5" Intake pipes with a dual intake but I'd like to get this inconsistency figured out first. Answer to problem might be ams headers

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.