|issue. The rest of the issue was fixed by blocking the air regulator to balance tube hose using some electrical tape to close off the balance tube nipple and putting the hose back on.
The most difference came from setting the TB stop. I began cleaning the driver's side throttle body thoroughly with a toothbrush. I used almost a whole can of TB cleaner spraying and brushing until the cleaner flowed out clean. I scrubbed every part of the of the TB plate quite a few times. It didn't have very much carbon buildup that I could say would prevent the plate from closing properly - it was already hitting the the TB stop.
I still could not get the TB plate to match what I saw on the passenger side TB, but I was able to rotate it an additional 1/32 and 1/16 of an inch at which point the TB plate would stick when I pressed it further by hand. Something I noticed was that the top of the TB stop was not perfectly flat - as I rotated it I could see that the arm mated with the top of the stop at some angles more than others.
In the end, there was only a slight adjustment to the TB stop. I made a much bigger adjustment to the adjustment peg on the driver's side accel-drum unit.
The syncing the opening of the two throttle bodies turned out to be easier than I thought it would be. I made sure to loosen the TP sensor before I started just in case it bottomed out during TB adjustment and the set it again after I was done.
After all this, I could get the idle to be down to 450 to 500 RPM with the AAC valve turned off and the air regulator blocked off. After doing the base idle and then activating the AAC valve again the AAC percentage was properly between 20 and 30 percent.
I am going to test out how well the car warms up using only the AAC valve over the next few days - I may leave the air regulator blocked off.