TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The IAA was replaced 3 years ago with a new one. I checked t
People Seeking Info

Subject The IAA was replaced 3 years ago with a new one. I checked t

Posted by 300NASeattle on July 08, 2018 at 12:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 309 times.

In Reply To Interesting read on a whacky IAA leak... posted by jzack on July 05, 2018 at 12:05 PM

Message Vapor canister last night by blocking off the vacuum connection at the balance tube. There was no difference.

I did find that I was wrong when I said that there was no air leaking passed the throttle plates. The are both tight and will not allow slips of paper to be pulled out when I closed the throttle bodies but the difference in the vacuum port still bothered me so I pulled the drivers side intake hose and plugged the throttle body and the note open intake hose and that dropped to idle and the AAC rose to 30% - I did not get this type of response on the passenger side. I think this is partly due to the location of the AAC to drivers side intake hose but also because of more air slipping be the drivers side throttle plate.

I really hoped to not mess with the throttle body settings due to the difficulty in getting them in sync but I started adjusting the drivers side TB stop last night and the linkage adjuster and now there is no turning back. I have read the FSM and every part I could find on TT.net and other sure on the TB adjustment and it still seems a little confusing how you can have a single rotating rod connecting the two TB but still be able to have different heights on the stop pegs and generate the same return pressure after adjusting the linkage set screws. I will give it a shot though. I will follow the FSM and insert a wire into the spring bodies - something most of the TT.net parts don't mention.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.