TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: After market light weight Flywheels
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: After market light weight Flywheels

Posted by rudedogztt on June 19, 2018 at 6:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 235 times.

In Reply To After market light weight Flywheels posted by rudedogztt on June 17, 2018 at 04:11 PM

Message Hey guys thanks for the info. I came across that specifications from one of the Tech pages in this forum, under TTZ of Dallas, it's titled "Clutch and flywheel replacement", Published 11-17-2000, Revised 10-22-2003, item number 20. Quoted: "If reinstalling the stock flywheel, it needs to be resurfaced with the same .008" step for TTs (slightly visible in 10.) and flat surface for NAs". This was the reason for the concern. I have made some inquiries to a couple of aftermarket manufactures and suppliers and they assured me that the step is not needed as long as it is NOT the Nissan genuine OEM parts, because some aftermarket light-weight flywheels/ clutch assemblies are re-designed without the step to work correctly. .008" is just a teeny bit over 2mm, I suppose it's possible they have designed and manufactured these light-weight chromoly flywheels 2mm thicker? We'll see however if that claim holds true once I install it. I will keep you guys posted on results. Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.