TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Trying to make a small ECU breakout/patch harness - HELP
People Seeking Info

Subject Trying to make a small ECU breakout/patch harness - HELP

Posted by Zbullet on May 30, 2018 at 9:45 AM
  This message has been viewed 257 times.

Message Ok... I'm hoping that the wiring gurus like Bernie, DVDBURN and Madhatter might have some input for me. I'd like to make a small patch harness between the main harness and the ECU. Easily done but here's the hard part....

I'm looking for an 8 - 20 pin connector that uses the same (small sized) terminals as the ECU.

I'm installing a racelogic unit (among other things) and would like to use a connector rather than splicing/soldering the various wires. If you're wondering WHY?

1. So I can install the device without having to cut up my brandnew WS harness

2. So I can install / remove devices without having to cut and resolder connections. I could just depin the connector and plug the wiring harness wire back into the OEM ECU plug without having to cut the wire and crimp on a new terminal all while working in the footwell. I'm too fat for that.

So the question - can anyone tell me if there is a connector (male & female ends and available for purchase) that uses the same terminals as the ecu?

I tried reaching out to Wiring Specialties but they're too busy selling products and making money to be interested in my request - fully understandable.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.