TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I should have said fuel rail to intake O-ring
People Seeking Info

Subject I should have said fuel rail to intake O-ring

Posted by 300NASeattle on May 19, 2018 at 2:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 226 times.

In Reply To Broken fuel injector o-ring - air leak video posted by 300NASeattle on May 19, 2018 at 01:56 PM

Message In my excitement to use my new USB endoscopic camera and post a video of the results I failed to really pay attention to what I was viewing.

That is the rubber ring that seals the fuel rail to the lower plenum. And that makes sense as to why fuel is not flowing out but air can go in.

I guess I am going to have to pony up the $800 to get someone to do the plenum pull to replace those $5 seals or it is time to do my first plenum pull. I did my own 120K service when I first got my car thanks to great documentation from TT members. I am guessing the plenum pull is about the same technical requirement?

I have read the few guides on the plenum pull and it is just complicated due to all the under plenum connections and getting the plenum gasket to not move when reseating the plenum. I gave up on replacing my drivers side PCV valve after a few hours because of how tight the spacing is (even with the balance tube, AAC hoses etc out of the way). Being able to get in those tight places is what makes me the most nervous.

href='https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOuh7IXMTjJ618EVHSJt5lYuAho
A_DpB_dUc7OT4MWlt-ZuWWjHguEKHt2rtMSwZQ?
key=VFQzMU1mUmNrVWRjYlE3Rm9JTTFZNTI0ekM5MVJn&source=ctrlq.org'>

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.