TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: If it's auto, doesn't some temp have to change for the
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: If it's auto, doesn't some temp have to change for the

Posted by TheKryptKeeper on May 05, 2018 at 11:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 273 times.

In Reply To If it's auto, doesn't some temp have to change for the posted by compirate on May 05, 2018 at 09:20 PM

Message So....... quite a lot has happened in the last few hours. Something about the Z32 auto climate allows defrost to work separately from the rest. I opened the new mode door actuator and the thing was covered in grease, especially the contact board. I went as far as pressing (super carefully) the main gear attached to the potensiometer off the lever armature and cleaning the crap off everything. Then verified the two resistors and continuity in the pins. 3 cold solders later I have it back in and I am getting movement when I change the air direction, but something is off.

My question is, does the potensiometer indicate the armature position?

Major Edit!!:As soon as I put the last question mark I relized that I've wasted everyone's time. The main gear has a dot in it that indicates direction of the armature. I hope that the next chump that comes in doesn't think that the potensiometer auto calibrated the motor like I did. It clearly relies on the constant angle determined by the armature to guess the door position.

My before picture:

Thanks again for everyone's time. Hope this helps the next person.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.