TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Using Efan with OEM ECU on TT Part II
People Seeking Info

Subject Using Efan with OEM ECU on TT Part II

Posted by NIVO88T on April 13, 2018 at 4:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 415 times.

Message In 2017 I had revised my How-To for running an electric fan on the TT cars using the Aux fan circuit, upgrading the wiring and relays then using your favorite software to tune the OEM ECU with either Zemulator, Nistune etc.

they all should have the parameter but probably worded differently.

Either way it works great and if A/C is on the fan will turn on at high speed if temps get past settings. Fan will stay off at highway speeds unless there is an overheating condition and the fan will go on high speed fan power.

using the factory ECU has those fail safes in case there are overheating conditions.

It has been working great and when the car reaches 185ºF fan turns on then turns off at 179ºF. keeping it in the happy area for closed loop. this is adjustable but it works best for complete combustion efficiency and turbo cooling.

I have drag raced the car many many times with no overheating and right after the run after the car gets down to 25 mph the fan is on and starts to cool if the temp was 186ºF.

You don't have to remove the purple wire, you can keep it and add to it by making a second run. relays are needed.

Long ago a few people tried the OEM wiring and set static temp, wires got hot and melted. my wiring setup improves the oem stuff to work a full time efan.

Here it is

Thanks
~Nivo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.