TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: The Z32 5-speed Transmission
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: The Z32 5-speed Transmission

Posted by ouikikazz on March 28, 2018 at 3:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 397 times.

In Reply To Re: The Z32 5-speed Transmission posted by NIVO88T on March 26, 2018 at 03:26 PM

Message I've contacted richmond gear as well as liberty gear at one point and asked if they can make a stronger 4th/5th gear and they both declined. I've asked a few transmission builders also (that work on evo/sti trans) if they had any interest in building up our trans and they also all declined. There is zero interest in those markets for them to work on the trans.

Last quote I got for a T56 magnum conversion was a little over $6000 just for parts.

Rebuilding a used trans still doesn't address the 4th gear issues and as original poster said there are parts that are getting very hard to source so you may not be able to replace some of the parts in the future say if one of the sychros burn out and toasts the gear.

The real options here are either just dump money into a trans conversion or just keep buying these JDM trans and keep blowing them up till they run out. Or if you have so much HP/TQ in your car you might just need to accept it and go automatic. Again nothing in this car is cheap so why should a trans swap be cheap

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.