TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Oil Blowout During Idle
People Seeking Info

Subject Oil Blowout During Idle

Posted by Adam393 on January 28, 2018 at 11:25 AM
  This message has been viewed 387 times.

Message I finally put my car back together after installing AshSpec Massives and 2.5"IC pipes, along with Z1 full flow oil lines and a Greddy oil sandwich adapter. I was letting the car idle with the radiator cap off to let the coolant burp and the defroster set to high and high heat, and the car was running fine for 10min or so. No oil leaks, no coolant leaks, and the thermostat opened with no problem. All of the sudden, I hear a sort of popping sound, and steam comes shooting out of the top side of the engine, driver side near the firewall. I run to shut the car off, and once off, I can hear the hissing still, but can't find the source of where it's leaking. Then I notice on the floor lots of drops of oil. I crawl under the car, and the driver side is splashed with oil, but it doesn't seem like it's a continual leak, but something in the oil system certainly shot it out, and I'm at a loss to what it could be. The oil dipstick doesn't seem like it shot out from crank pressure. Even though it was steam that was blowing out on the top of the engine, I don't see coolant leaking anywhere.
The previous owner replaced all of the hoses with the Z1 silicone hoses under the plenum, and they seem to still be OK from what little I can see. I haven't turned the car back on yet. Turbos and oil lines are still stock, but again, I can't see any sort of obvious leak. I've included a few photos, but I don't think they'll be too helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/Zgk7p

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.