TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1st a triangle has 3 corners so how was that going to help>
People Seeking Info

Subject 1st a triangle has 3 corners so how was that going to help>

Posted by ZUL8TR on January 19, 2018 at 9:32 AM
  This message has been viewed 373 times.

In Reply To isosceles trapezoid posted by tian2bing on January 16, 2018 at 04:25 AM

Message with a tire platform that is 4 corners? Also the tread width front and rear are different so the tire footprint is not a rectangle. They will be a perfect rectangle if the tread widths are the same front and rear.

Would help if you provided the latest shop alignment measurements ?

The Z32 has different front and rear tread widths. I would get the specs for the tread widths and use them as a base to measure from to see where yours compare. Having the car jacked up and wheels off the ground will not be accurate. Find out if the centers of front and rear tread widths are on the same line or if the car tracks off center. If car tracks on center with known tread widths you can set up base lines on each side using the axle center to measure from.

Our track cars were set up with string useing offsets from the strings on each side to each axle center as measure points. The string must be set parallel to the car centerline. I still use string to align my DD cars along with sight and a level floor and of course a test drive and look at the way the tires wear and adjust as needed.

Alignment specs are in an acceptable + - range because the suspension has tolerances. Some cars need more or less + and - to get it to track right. For special use like track racing the factory specs are out the window and set ups are unique.

Also with any alignment the car needs to be loaded the way you normally use it with tires pressured correctly and in spec rim and tire lateral run-out. Excessive lateral run-out will give useful results. Note bad tire construction will cause left or right pull. I had this happen because the belts were set incorrect to cause a drift, could not notice this from appearance and the tires balanced perfect. Had to replace all 4 under warranty.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.