TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Dual Fuel Pump Setup Questions
People Seeking Info

Subject Dual Fuel Pump Setup Questions

Posted by dTb on November 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 295 times.

Message Getting around to installing my dual fuel pumps. Right now, I have an Ashspec dual fuel pump controller but cant get a response from Ash on how many amps the thing can handle so if anyone knows this please let me know. Basic setup: two Walbro 485 pumps, BDE rails in parallel flow config, Aeromotive A1000 -6 AN regulator, -6 ethanol sensor, -6 AN high flow SS fuel filter.

So a few questions..

1. Does anyone know if the short hose that comes out of the fuel tank e85 compatible? This is the one that connects the outlet nipple to the hard-line.
2. If you have a dual pump setup, are you running a -6 line to a bulkhead on the pump plate or using the factory return? What size injectors are you running?
3. Im assuming the third nipple on the fuel tank lid is for the breather on the refill tube, is that correct? If you bypass the factory return, how are you making the in-tank connection? Right now it looks like the return and the breather are merged into some sort of connector inside the tank.

I think for simplicity i would like to use the factory line as well as another line (-6 an) in parallel feeding up to the engine, one would go to the ethanol sensor and then they would merge right before the fuel filter. The other option is a -8 supply line to a 2x -6 split at the engine bay. I was thinking of returning with a -6 line to the pump... its only a little larger than the stock return but should help cut down on the pressure drop and prevent regulator over-run a little better... any ideas/thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.