TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Did you have any problems at all with the ITM lifters?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Did you have any problems at all with the ITM lifters?

Posted by SammybTT(TN) on November 02, 2017 at 9:30 PM
  This message has been viewed 268 times.

In Reply To Did you have any problems at all with the ITM lifters? posted by nonstopna on October 31, 2017 at 01:55 PM

Message I only investigated the ITM and found good reviews and confirmed the specifications. It was several years ago so I am a little foggy on all of the details. I never looked at the DNJ lifters. I didn't replace the cam shafts I only inspected for wear. At the time my engine had around 90,000 miles t
The hydraulic lifter will compensate for a little lobe wear and I used engine assembly lube during the "re-seating" break-in. I did prime the new lifters before the install as you did your rebuilt lifters. Why ITM lifters? Somehow during the rebuild process I screwed up a couple of lifters so I didn't want to chance a mother failed rebuild so I replaced them all with the ITM lifters. Do a search on ITM lifters as I have discussed before on this forum and on 300zx forum. There are several other members that have used these lifters after I broke the ice lol. I have put approximately 10k miles on these and so far so good. I was dyno tuned and rated at 670 to the wheels and I frequently drag race and have attended a couple of track events without issues. I would have no hesitation purchasing these again for future projects. I had started a technical write up and comparison between the OEM and ITM lifters but I lost the photos that had my measurements and details.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.