TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - About to shoot my car. Charging problems.
People Seeking Info

Subject About to shoot my car. Charging problems.

Posted by TheKryptKeeper on October 29, 2017 at 10:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 412 times.

Message I made a much larger post about this a while back, but I didn't realize it would be locked after a few days.

91 300zx TT won't charge. I have a new battery, and took my alternator to a shop to be completely overhauled. Like, where they test them afterwards. It still won't charge. I have to charge it overnight, and really at my end with it.

I was told that the alt to tranny harness was replaced by NMImports where I bought it from, and I tend to trust the owner. I keep going down this rabbit hole and want to start from the beginning in case I've missed something.

My first question is: Everyone here says that rebuilding alternators is worthless and just buy a new one. That limits me to a 90amp one or an expensive one. I am terrified that I'm going to swap it in and still not have found the problem. So, can I test just the alternator without involving any of the wiring harness?

Details: 12v across battery terminals at all times on/off. New Battery, New terminals. Ground is good. Alt fusible link good.

Thank you so much for your help.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.