TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - This as painful a repair as there can be one on
People Seeking Info

Subject This as painful a repair as there can be one on

Posted by JMartz on October 26, 2017 at 8:36 AM
  This message has been viewed 240 times.

In Reply To I just checked the order to make sure. posted by Tanley (ATL) on October 23, 2017 at 04:34 PM

Message the Z32. I am just not a fan of auto a/c. When the system is 1st started it goes through a cycling of its doors, at least in "heater mode" (when the temp set point is above ambient temp, or that of inside the car). Letting the car have control of the compressor is a royal bitch, as under certain conditions, in an attempt to dehumidify, the a/c comp program will run the compressor.

I will reiterate; if the refrigerant cycle is operating properly, the problem is in the blending box, the a/c computer or the control pod (this last one most unlikely). The one thing that always worries me is the variable resistor on the blending door/coolant valve motor. A failure of this very simple "sensor", or even a loss of accuracy, will render the a/c near useless.

Do look at the compressor. Nissan a/c systems DO NOT clutch cycle. If you see the the compressor clutch go on and off with any frequency, something is not right.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.