TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New here, and new 1990 TT, opinions and any advice please
People Seeking Info

Subject New here, and new 1990 TT, opinions and any advice please

Posted by vtvette on September 15, 2017 at 4:54 PM
  This message has been viewed 480 times.

Message Hello all,

New member here thanks for having me. I recently purchased a 1990 300ZX TT manual trans with 158,000 miles. Arizona car no rust. It was one owner from 1996 to 2016, I bought it from a guy who owned it for about a year.

I recently sold my Mercedes SL55 AMG as I wanted to go back to a stick shift car. I've owned all kinds of cars over the years including a few 280ZX's and a Z31 when I was in College. When I was in High School the Z32 just came out and it was my absolute dream car. I've come close to buying one a few times over the years but finally decided now is the time. Even though the car needs a few things sorted and the interior isn't the nicest place to spend time I am very happy with the car so far.

There has been quite a bit of work done to the car:

Engine rebuilt at 110,000 miles:
JE pistons
Jim Wolf cam set "mild"
Jim Wolf 555 injectors w/DPX
Jim Wolf 500 turbos
Socketed ECU with several Jim Wolf chips came with the car.

Hallman manual boost controller turned all the way out (counterclockwise) which instructions say is stock boost.

Adjustable front arms and uprated compression struts.

Car had a very nice fresh paint job a few years ago. Original black color.

Complete A/C rebuild about 10k ago.

Timing belt done last year.

Issues:

Clutch slips at high boost in 4th or 5th. I was told of this when I bought the car and will be replacing the clutch very soon. The pedal also has a very "soft" feel.

Interior has never been addressed but that is getting rectified very soon. I have a good friend who owns one of the top upholstery shops here in Vegas who I have sent a few high profile jobs so, as a favor they are going to completely redo the interior for me.

I'm learning as much as I can about the car and the mod's it has. Any opinions or advice on my car or recommended mod's I'd love to hear them thanks.

photo IMG_0023_zpsjoibqmsk.jpg

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.