|About a year ago I finally fired up my Z after almost 5 years of it sitting (sad I know). I was able to get the Z running, but 2 injectors weren't firing. I also had some issues initially that was solved by replacing the MAF. I did my first plenum pull, here is a list of what I did:
- Replaced all hose with new
- Replaced all fuel line, filter and other parts
- Replaced Plenum gasket
- Installed Nismo 740cc injectors and had Specialty Z tune my ECU
- Removed EGR and installed EGR Block-Off Kit
- Removed all coolant hoses under plenum
- Completed coolant line bypass on both sides of engine
- Installed new Z1 hard pipes
I started the car up and it turned over on the first crank. Let the car run for 45 minutes. Checked the engine and under the engine for any leaks, there was none.
Here were the issues and/or concerns:
- water dripping out of driver side exhaust, but stopped dripping after 20 minutes.
- slight bog when I would give just a little gas
- slight smell of oil burning
- after the car warmed up and I gave it some gas, the boost meter didn't go past zero (can't remember if car needs to be in gear to show boost)
I know the gas was at least a half a year old, but I thought it would have been running smoother.
Can you please let me know your thoughts and anything I should be checking out?