TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Dual pump - using one OEM
People Seeking Info

Subject Dual pump - using one OEM

Posted by Zbullet on August 29, 2017 at 4:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 577 times.

Message I've mocked up how I'd like my second fuel pump to sit on the hanger. That said I haven't taken the hat off the fuel tank yet, so I'm not sure if I'm going to have fitment issues? I suspect a bit of adjustment might be necessary.

So I had a spare fuel pump assembly hanging around out of a Z with <10,000 miles on it. I'm hoping to run the stock pump with the OEM Fuel Controller and use the Walbro as a secondary on a hobbs switch. Figured that'd save me a bit of wiring for the first pump.

Space is tight under the hat with all the OEM clutter, but I'll be able to fit in a AN -6 bulkhead with no trouble. This however means that I'll have to put my Y-block (dual -6 to single -8) outside the tank. The Y fitting will probably be between 6 - 12 inches from the hat. Just want it somewhere accessible.

BTW - There is plenty of clearance for the fuel level float.

Anyone go this route?

Also debating whether or not to go -6 for my return or leave the hardline in place and use an AN tube to hose adapter near the firewall.

Anyone know what that circular unit is above the OEM pump outlet hose? I'd like to chop the OE hat hardline and replace with an AN bulkhead, but that'd mean I would have to delete this unknown item.

[/URL]

photo 20170829_140110.jpg
 photo 20170829_140121.jpg

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.