TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - If Phillips + gets mangeled I have used vice grips in a >>
People Seeking Info

Subject If Phillips + gets mangeled I have used vice grips in a >>

Posted by ZUL8TR on August 24, 2017 at 4:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 393 times.

In Reply To Re: Gummed up injectors wouldn't be much of a surprise after posted by frustrated on August 23, 2017 at 01:04 AM

Message vertical clamped position with good results. Replace with alan head. When you pull the plenum grind away plenum material so you can get at injectors in future without a plenum pull.

If you replace the injectors, hoses etc recommend a pressure check (45psi) on injectors, fuel rail, etc before the plenum is reinstalled. Easy to do just create a loop with fuel intake hose (after the filter) connected with the fuel return hose with a pressure gage and air supply with shut off valve in the loop. If all OK no pressure drop over time, I let it sit for about 1 hour. Once system pressured up close valve to air supply to prevent air bleed back thru the air compressor to prevent false leak reading. If any pressure leak you need to find it now to prevent problems after assembly. Even new injectors will leak, I had one when I converted to new style.

If you replace fuel lines make sure you use hose for fuel injectors. OEM hose is $$$$ I used GoodYear with excellent results 8 years no problems. In case you wondered the warning noted in link is for outside hose material submersion:

[ http://goodyearrubberproducts.com/2012pdfs/Goodyear_Commercial_Truck_Belts_and_Parts/files/assets/downloads/page0032.pdf ]

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.