TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Did you drive it at all, or just start it and rev it?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Did you drive it at all, or just start it and rev it?

Posted by blackemeraldz32 on August 01, 2017 at 9:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 358 times.

In Reply To Re: Did you drive it at all, or just start it and rev it? posted by shalz92 on July 26, 2017 at 11:21 AM

Message Any resolution? I recently installed an x-pipe and during the first drive I experienced exhaust smoke when coasting and/or no throttle. The issue seems to be persisting. I did read that going to aftermarket exhaust set up does reduce back pressure which can result in weakening the seals on an older stock turbo. I am currently running down pipes, test pipes, resonated x-pipe, and a LaBree muffler 2.5" all the way and have a SZ ECU. Once I figure what is causing the smoke, I may delete the PCV and install the SZ Oil Catch Can, but first I need to identify the root of this smoke. Prior to this all happening I had an h-pipe on the car and recently had the fan clutch replaced at a shop. Wondering if they decided to joy ride a bit because before I dropped off the car it had no issues. About to hit 93,000 miles and when you start changing stock parts this late in the life of the car it will ultimately have a cause /affect scenario .

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.