TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - If the rear mount is old I would replace it looks can >>
People Seeking Info

Subject If the rear mount is old I would replace it looks can >>

Posted by ZUL8TR on July 20, 2017 at 3:48 AM
  This message has been viewed 479 times.

In Reply To Have you measured this out-of-spec angle from tranny? posted by OverZealous (CT) on July 19, 2017 at 08:46 PM

Message be deceiving. I have not measured the DS angle on my 2 piece, if you have a 1 piece it is what it is. On my 2 piece when I replaced the tranny rear mount I also rebuilt the center main bearing (CMB). At that time when I loosed the 2 CMB attachment bolts there was side to side movement at these bolts and up-down CMB position with spacers at the bolts. Side to side adjustment is best done by match marks before taking apart. If not marked need to get the 2 piece DS straight to each other by measurement from a fixed reference.

On reinstall these spacers can easily be installed incorrect and used like washers for the CMB secure bolts rather than as spacers between the frame bracket and the CMB bracket. I assume different thickness of spacers can be used to put DS angle in spec at CMB for proper U joint operation. I do not know the spec the manual does not give it.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.