TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Wow! Terribly sorry to hear this.
People Seeking Info

Subject Wow! Terribly sorry to hear this.

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on July 03, 2017 at 11:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 451 times.

In Reply To 9 Years after, still safety boost, didn't found the cause posted by Nicko500 on July 02, 2017 at 05:20 PM

Message It seems you are serious about this. Contact ZROMTECH, tell him Taylor sent you, buy the Knockspy software, and prepare to learn a lot!

I suspect the problem you're recognizing is very real though I'm not convinced you're actually having knock problems. The knock sensor is extremely sensitive! The knock system, however, is rather wonky.

Most high hp folks on here simply bypass the knock system and thereby assume all the risk of their motors blowing up. Recognizing the shortcomings of the stock knock system, I appreciate why people are inclined to do this but I am not ready to bypass the knock system on my car. My car has been going into safety boost for the last 2 years and I'm convinced it's because of the transmission rumbling. I've just taken out the old transmission for exactly this purpose. We'll see if that fixes my problem. The point is maintaining the stock knock system requires quite some finesse.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.