TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You might have better luck with a flexible sealant>>
People Seeking Info

Subject You might have better luck with a flexible sealant>>

Posted by ZUL8TR on July 03, 2017 at 4:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 433 times.

In Reply To Valve Cover PCV Elbow Oil Mist Problem posted by OverZealous (CT) on July 02, 2017 at 08:22 PM

Message JB weld is a brittle epoxy and will crack under vibs unless secured well. My suggestion: pull the Lbow clean contact surface with steel wool and wipe down all contact areas with lacquer thinner, acetone or alcohol. Secure Lbow with E6000 (I like the black) adhesive, I have used it on a lot of fixes on engines including my race outboards. Available at some arts and crafts stores and auto jobbers and others.

PDS:

[ http://eclecticproducts.com/downloads/tds-e6000-industrial-english-black.pdf ]

Put a thin skim coat of E6000 in hole contact surface and a thicker layer on the Lbow. Install and give it 24 -48 hrs to cure. The product is not silicone based and will not upset O2's and sticks really well to steel if surfaces prepped right.
It is oil proof but not gasoline proof (if submerged in it). In your case the oil fumes will probably not harm it. Worth a try.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.