TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Vehicle Not Starting.....
People Seeking Info

Subject Vehicle Not Starting.....

Posted by TTwinZ on June 02, 2017 at 8:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 502 times.

Message Hey guys,

Vehicle has been having some issues starting lately. I just changed my battery and my battery cables after a long time of sitting. So it was having a rough idle at start sometimes, and a lot of times when I would start it would rev up then drop in RPM then go to a normal idle. I got out of work last night and the car started up, then dropped in idle till it shut itself off. Then I went to start again and it wouldn't start at all....long story short I got a nice tow ride home. It turns over, I have plenty of power. After doing some research what I believe to be the problem is possibly the PTU. The symptoms seem to be conducive to the problem, and when I looked today, it turns out that I still have the original old style PTU (Gray with the lines). And my vehicle is a 1990, so looks like the original owner never went to get the recall done.

Just wanted your opinions if you think my assumptions might be correct or if this might be something else that I should be looking at? Sorry if this was a long winded post.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.