TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - All I have is forum Conversations
People Seeking Info

Subject All I have is forum Conversations

Posted by Cjw3 on May 24, 2017 at 9:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 589 times.

In Reply To Ah. Finaly someone came to their senses... posted by kickerzx on May 24, 2017 at 08:34 AM

Message When I get time, Ill hunt through my Post Conversations and Link..

Mostly I got called on the Carpet by Specialty Z for Re-Iterating the Myth about Open Loop Idle.. He Affirmed it was Closed Loop.. He Tunes these animals and he should know.. Then that lead into more Forum Conversations about how it works with ZromTech.. which lead to some PM's on the Subject..

My take from what I think I know, is the Idle Switch will trigger a Different set of Calibration Settings that will center the O2 Mixture Differently during Idle than during Running Calibrations.. That is why the Idle O2's action is MUCH Slower than the Running O2's actions..

To prove the Idle is closed Loop.. I have taken a Moates On Line programmable PROM, and plugged it to my Z.. then used Turner Pro to run the Moates in Emulator Mode.. then change the K Value by about 5 while the Z is Idling.. the O2's will move when the K gets changed.. then they will come back to proper voltage after about 5 minutes of idling.. and if you are watching the Fuel trime with Conzult they will slowly move and then find a new happy place..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.